Drywall Repairs Contractor in Charlotte NC
Lets Get Your Walls Back in Shape!
Cardinal Pro Painters is a top drywall repairs and drywall installation services company in Charlotte NC. Small drywall repairs are always included in the purchase of any interior painting package but we can also offer drywall repairs as a separate service.
Our drywall (sheetrock) repair experts know how to repair cracks, tapes, corners, remove texture and wallpaper, and provide a smooth finished wall.
Whether you need repairs to your existing walls or installation of brand new whole walls, we’ll do it the right way. We’ll repair or install new drywall and leave your walls completely finished including primer and painting.
We Are Fully Insured!
No Upfront Deposits!
Jobs Done The Right Way!
Causes of Drywall Damage:
Drywall is easily vulnerable to wear and tear and other forms of damage that call for hiring a professional drywall repair contractor such as Cardinal Pro Painters in Charlotte NC. The following are some of the most common causes of drywall damage:
- Water damage caused by a leak from a broken water line. While drywall is pretty sturdy, when it’s exposed to water for too long it can get damaged.
- Moisture and humidity variation can cause plasterboard or gypsum board to expand or shrink.
- Drywall installation defects such as over-cuts with a drywall knife at corners of openings or improper joint finishing.
- Damaged drywall cornerbead that takes a lot of mishandling can become dented and damaged over time.
- Pesky termite home invasion. While they don’t necessarily eat the drywall, termites will eat the paper and glue that covers the drywall board. When the wall becomes wet, the paper soaks up water and invites them in. They will burrow between the painted wall and the drywall as they eat their way across the walls.
- Frost heaving foundations can also cause differential movement in building walls that lead to tearing or cracking in plasterboard, gypsum board, or drywall.
- Furniture scuff marks when moving heavy or bulky furniture around the house can dig into the drywall and cause damage.
- Popping nails through the drywall, that haven’t been properly secured.
- A shrinking wood frame can also cause drywall nails to pop.
The process of repairing drywall:
Small nail holes and dings are treated with fast drying spackle. Larger holes or cracks that are deep require joint compound that is first mixed with water to harden before applying to the walls. These compounds are available in powder form and have varied setting times ranging anywhere from 5, 60 or 90 minutes. Patching compounds available in the market today are easy to sand and due to their lightness, they don’t sag at all, allowing the filling of very large holes right up to the surface. Certain drywall holes will require the use of stick-on mesh patches over the damaged area before getting covered with a few thin layers of joint setting compound.
After the cracks or holes are patched, they must be given time to dry, typically 24 hours, before they can be sanded. Sanding will create a lot more dust than you think, so we set drop cloths or plastic on floors and furniture to protect them from dust. Sanding correctly takes patience and experience to achieve an even and smooth finish. It’s important to get it done right, because once paint is applied, any imperfections will become much more noticeable.
- Drywall Repair (Sheetrock Repair)
- Drywall Patching (Sheetrock Patching)
- Drywall Finishing (Sheetrock Finishing)
- Drywall Installation (Sheetrock Installation)
- Ceiling Repairs of Holes & Cracks
- Wall Repairs of Holes & Cracks
- Plaster Repairs